Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Progress So Far

Well, for those of you are interested, I am making some progress on my goals.  I've replaced all my kitchen dish cloths and towels.  I'm doing well with my fitness goals so far.  Having 5 days off from work has helped me to jump start my exercise which consists of 30 minutes on the treadmill daily.  At least I hope I can do it daily.  When I work my 12 hour night shift, I'm often out of steam after about 2 of them and have to focus my energy on just doing what is necessary.  I'm also doing some weight training again.  On this I'm aiming for 3 times a week, but once again, it will depend on my work schedule as to whether or not I accomplish that.


I have learned that at my age it is better to pace myself in these areas.  It just won't do to wear myself out working out and have no energy left to go to work.  Therefore I'm trying not to be obcessive/compulsive about this whole fitness goal.


That said, I will say that I do notice a difference in how I feel when I can get in my workout.  I feel much more energized and mentally sharp as well as maintaining a good positive outlook.  That alone is enough to make me look forward to that treadmill.  I've also downloaded some great music to walk to by Spirit Fit.  It keeps me focused on God and helps me be thankful that He has made me able to even do this at my age.  As a nurse I see what age, neglect and illness can do to a person.  It makes me wish I had been more diligent all along.  But they say it's never too late. 


Now, as for more new year's goals, I am hard pressed to think of any.  I guess I could set a goal of just staying on top of my current lifestyle.  I have so many projects going on, and so many more I want to do.  So I could also set a goal not to over extend myself on all of those things.   And I also could set a goal to get my priorities straight.  I have spent too much time majoring in minors this past year. 


Anyway, enough said tonight.  My next post will include an update on weight loss or gain.  Hopefully I will have reached my 1st week's goal of a 1# loss.


Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment