Sunday, February 12, 2012

Low Carb and Delicious!

Hi!  I've been busy lately with a number of things.  Check out Crafty Reny to see some of the card challenges I have entered if you  like crafty stuff.  But I've been doing a lot of reading this past week as well.  I just finished a great book by Dr. Richard Bernstein called Diabetes Solution.  One of the main reasons I watch the carbohydrates that I ingest is because I tend toward high blood sugars if I don't.  Since I love to eat, I am always thrilled when I find a new recipe that fits my diet preferences, so this week Dr. Bernstein came through for me in a big way!




What you are looking at is 'cheese puffs'.  A slice of american cheese placed on a piece of freezer paper, waxed side up in the microwave for approximately 50 seconds makes this light, puffy, crispy snack.  This can be used in the place of toast or bread or as a chip substitute when you want something crunchy to eat with your favorite dip.  I'm sure there are a host of other ideas for using this yummy snack as well.


So, I used it as toast this evening.  I love bologna, and I placed my bologna between 2 cheese puffs, added a little mayo and  WOW!  It was just stinkin great!!!  Kind of like a toasted cheese with bologna and mayo sandwich.  I didn't miss the bread and I eliminated a bunch of carbs this way.  And no blood sugar spikes!  I feel healthier already.


If you try this, please leave a comment and let me know how you used this delicious treat.


Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment