Friday, November 18, 2016

Only Five more weeks till Christmas!

Time is winding down  and Christmas will soon be here!  Like most households, there is always a flurry of activity here at this time of year.

Now I realize that we still have a major holiday coming up before Christmas.  And I totally adore Thanksgiving!  But while there is a certain amount of hustle and bustle that goes along with Thanksgiving, it seems to be mostly centered around meal preparation.  And since the Thanksgiving meal is essentially the same every year, it is a bit more simple to pull off.

But Christmas.....!  There's the cleaning, the decorating,  purchasing or making and wrapping gifts plus all the meal preparation and readying the house for overnight guests in many instances.  In addition to that, many of us still like to send Christmas greeting cards, especially to friends and family who do not live nearby.  What a wonderfully busy season!

I enjoy the busyness of this time of year.  But I do try to keep things from getting hectic and stealing the joy from the holidays.   So as Santa makes his list and checks is twice, so do I.  My 'to do' list that is.

This is the time of year that I get to double my satisfaction, making lists, even if only in my head, and  checking things off as they are completed.  And I  love the satisfaction of sitting back and gazing at the multitude of finished projects.  It gives me a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

So my latest crochet project is finished, and I am so happy with the way it turned out!  I have fallen in love with the Big Head Doll patterns,  If you  haven't seen them I encourage you to go to Pinterest and look them over.  They are sooo adorable!  Here is my finished project, and a closer look at the booted feet I substituted for the feet in the original pattern.

[caption id="attachment_944" align="alignleft" width="200"]crochet, christmas, big head doll, handmade, red, black, white Christmas themed Big Head Doll[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_947" align="alignright" width="218"]crochet, handmade, feet, boots, black, christmas, doll Crocheted booted feet for Big Head Christmas Doll[/caption]

 

1 comment: