Monday, December 26, 2016

New Years Goal, Make More Books

Happy New Year!   I have a New Years Goal (or resolutions if you prefer) this year to make more coptic stitch books!  I know this is not exactly in keeping with the varmint theme of this site, but I also know that most crafty people indulge themselves in more than one craft.  So this post is for my paper crafting friends.
If you've never made a coptic stitch book HERE is a link to an excellent video to get you started.  The procedure is actually quite simple with SeaLemon's awesome step-by-step instructions.

Once you have created your covers and folded all the pages and grouped them into 'signatures' you will want to go to THIS video to learn the actual stitching procedure.

I made this simple cover with Christmas wrapping paper just because I thought it was pretty.



One of the best features of a coptic stitch book is that when opened it lays flat making it easier to journal or sketch in it.



This particular little book has cut out silhouettes in it of the Nativity and the story was dictated by my seven year old grandson Sam, and hand lettered  onto the pages.



As you can imagine, the possibilities for one of these handmade journals or books are just endless.  I hope you will give this a try.  Bet you can't make just one!

Blessings-
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment