Friday, December 15, 2017

Yes... I'm Still Here!

I haven't posted for a while, but I have been very busy with yarn and hook!  Here are some of the projects I've completed since my last post.



 Pet the cat is always a popular gift!  Paired with one of Pete's story books, he is an instant hit!  I have made several of these for gifts and for my Etsy Shop.



 This adorable Teddy Bear came about from an impulse buy of a cake of Bernat Blanket yarn.   My great-grandson loves balls, and I had hoped to make a 'pull-apart bear' constructed entirely of balls.  The idea was to sew velcro to each ball so it would stick to the main body of the bear, giving him a sort Mr. Potato Head type of toy and still lots of balls to play with.  Sadly, this type of yarn does not stick to velcro, so that didn't work.  But this bear turned out pretty good.   I may still try the pull-apart toy later just to see if I can make it work with a different type of yarn.



 These little sheep ornaments were an instant hit with many people!  They are easy to make and the pattern can be found here.     https://www.etsy.com/listing/556584534/crochet-sheep-pattern-ornament-toy  I sold out of these at my local craft shows!



 This awesome horse was made for my grand-daughter, the horse lover.  I did not design this pattern, but it is awesome in it's detail and the precise shaping of the horse.  I'm thinking of making a white horse in the future just because I think it would be a beautiful piece.  I found this pattern on Etsy.   https://www.etsy.com/listing/229445811/crochet-horse-crochet-animal-amigurumi





These are my latest project.  I was asked to make a sheep for a nursery.  I made one in regular yarn and the other in fuzzy yarn just to see the difference.  I like them both, but the fuzzy one is a bit more cuddly.  This pattern can be found in my Etsy shop here.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/578585967/silly-sheep-crochet-pattern-lambs



At this point I'm just winding down a bit for the holidays and thinking on what I would like to do in 2018.   So, if you don't hear from me until next year, I want to wish you all a
Merry Christmas
and a very
Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment