Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Babies, Babies, Babies!!!

Babies are such adorable little humans!  Such tiny little beings that just captivate nearly everyone in their immediate environment and cause even the most reserved and proper adult to revert to extreme silliness and gyrations trying to get that cute little baby grin response!

Every few years we seem to get  another one of those cute little critters welcomed into our family.    Since we have several grown up grand-children now, it's always possible that we could have another baby to love and adore!

In preparation for this anticipated event I have been looking at a lot of baby items on Pinterest.   And of course, anything that I make has to be totally cute and colorful!  One of my favorite things to do is to get me some inspiration and then add my own special style in the way of features and colors to the crochet project.

Last week I worked on a couple of teething rings and this week I made a nursing necklace.  I know that most crocheting grandma's like to make booties and blankets, but I'm so much more into different and fun things.
This is the first teething ring I made.    I borrowed the idea from this Pinterest pin 
and then added some cute little eyes and a rattle inside the head.

He turned out so cute that I decided he needed a companion.   So I whipped up this lovely little lady!



And then I ddesigned this  'Little Monster' Nursing Necklace.

The little monster is a Yarn Varmints original character which I  affectionally refer to as a 'giggle' because they just make you want to giggle each time you look at them.  I crocheted him in miniature just for this project.  He is so cute that I think more miniatures are going to be cropping up in the future.

So, who knows what my next project will be.  I have so many ideas that I want to try!  Be sure to check back in often to see whats up at Yarn Varmints.  And if you see something here that you like, you can most likely find it in my Etsy store.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/YarnVarmintsPlus.  

Oh, and I love doing custom items, so contact me if you want a special color or style.  
Have a great and crafty day!
Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment