Monday, July 9, 2018

Christmas Ornament Crochet-a-long Week 2 Little White Swan


While rummaging through my yarn stash a few days ago, I spotted a small ball of leftover sparkly white acrylic.  I made a mental note to use that for either snowflakes or stars for my tree this year.

But when I spied this little white swan on Pinterest I immediately knew that this is what that remnant of yarn was meant for!


Here is the link for the free pattern!       http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/

This little bird works up fairly quickly.  I had the body and neck finished within an hour.  However, I ran into some serious frustration with the wings and ended up 'winging' it so to speak as I just could not figure out the pattern.  It's probably my own fault since a diagram of the stitches was included as well as the written instructions and pictures.  I have never been good at reading and understanding diagrams.  So I do not fault the pattern.  But I was still able to make the wings look OK.   

I think this little swan will look fantastic on my whimsy tree, especially when the lights hit the sparkles.

I would love to know what you think of this little swan and if you are taking part in my little crochet-a-long Christmas ornament  project.

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment