Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Sister. My Friend.

On the evening of Thanksgiving day I received a call from my nephew in North Carolina.

"Irene," he said. "Mama's having a heart attack."

"Oh John, are you sure?" I asked.

Yes, he was sure. I could hear the EMT's in the background. I recognized the sound of the ACD directing 'No shock advised.'

"No Lord," I prayed. "Please don't let my sister die!"

Not long after, my other nephew, Barney, called to tell me that "Mama is gone."

How sad. I'm going to miss her so much. She was only 56 years old. Younger than I.

I heard her announce her arrival in Heaven. "I'm here."
I saw her being welcomed by my baby sister and my mom who had gone before. I saw her walk toward me to welcome me into Eternity. She was beautiful and happy. So was I.

I thank God for allowing me a glimpse into Heaven at a time when I needed it so badly. Still, I'm really going to miss her. She was so uniquely special. I am so sad.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sad, you lost your sister, it is such a comfort to know that she is with Our Lord. Having lost both my parents, I know that the hole in your heart will be there forever, and after twenty years, I still 'talk' to my father, and want to pick up the phone to call my mother.

    All my prayers,
    In Christ,
    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart feels heavy reading ur blog. I understand ur feelings. Don't worry Reny.
    God is always by our side. Your sister will be in peace. I'm praying to god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind comments. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I lost mine a few months ago, too. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete