Monday, May 2, 2011

Revisiting What Works

I confess..... I have been a major slacker.  I have lost ground in my fitness goals due to plain, outright laziness for the past 2 months.  Don't ask me why, but I seem to fall into this same rut every few months.  I am faithful to my low carb eating and exercising program for 2 or 3 months and then....Bam!!   I revert back to my old habits, telling myself that 'at my age it shouldn't matter' or 'this just isn't worth it' or some other lame excuse for my slackery.


After a few weeks of the old, bad habits, I begin to feel tired, listless, achy and in generally poor health.  Then I begin to relate very closely to the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:24.  Although I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about physical fitness, the concept still rings true.  I do what I know I should not do (eat junk, get lazy)  and I do not do what I know I should, (eat right, drink plenty of water, exercise).  It is, however, some consolation that Paul had struggles too.  Yep....Paul and I;   both wretched, both forgiven, and neither ready to chuck it all and give up.

So I am revisiting the things that have worked for me in the past.  As I chug my water and fire up my treadmill, I look forward to feeling like a million dollars in a week or so.  Granted, I will probably look no different, but I will embrace the feeling of well being that I know will come with this return to healthier habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment