Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Bit of Christian Rhyme

I love poetry.  I have written short poems since I was old enough to write.  My poetry is not fancy or deep like Maya Angelo's.  You don't have to ponder on the meanings too much to get the point.  It's just simple rhyme.  That's the way I like it.


I have decided to share a few of my poems with you, my wonderful readers.  Some are kind of lengthy so I will only share one at a time.


The inspiration for this one came from the book of Judges, chapters 4 and 5.  Deborah was a mighty woman of God.  There are still many Deborah s today.  They are waging war on their knees all over the world making intercession for peoples and nations.




Deborah

Arise, Oh Deborah, and go to war.
The victory is at hand. 
This battle I have given you.
Now go, reclaim your land.

The foe, he trembles at the sight
Of your fair countenance.
With flowing robes and mighty sword
You take the battle stance.

Arise and set the captives free,
And break the evil bonds.
Put up a siege works in it's place,
To rectify the wrongs.

Arise against the witchcraft
That has stolen countless ones.
Take back the broken , wounded hearts,
Of daughters and of sons.

Arise against the preditor
Who preys upon the child, 
Destroying innocence and
Leaving helpless ones defiled.

Arise against the thief
Who steals the destiny of man
And weaves deceit and falsehood,
Casting doubt on God's good plan.

Arise and gather now the lost,
The broken and despised,
And wrap them in the Father's love.
I tell you now, Arise!!!

Blessings!
Reny



2 comments:

  1. Irene, I like this. You are a very gifted person and I am blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete