Monday, January 16, 2012

Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe

1 head of cauliflower, diced and cooked.
2 crowns of broccoli  (I used a bag of frozen instead)
4 carrots (I used a can of sliced carrots)
1 leek  (didn't have this so I left it out)
2 stalks of celery
6-8 cups chicken broth
2 cloves of garlic
1 large onion

Chop all veggies.
Saute celery, onion, leek and garlic in a skillet coated with cooking spray.
Place cauliflower in a large pot and cover with broth.  Boil until tender. Remove from pot with slotted spoon and place in food processor.  Process till smooth.

Cook remaining veggies in the broth remaining from the cauliflower until tender.  Add to processor with slotted spoon and puree till smooth.  Serve.



This soup recipe came from the 17 day diet recipes site.  I did tweak it a bit to suit my own preferences.  The recipe calls for all the veggies to be pureed after cooking and then combining all the ingredients.  I decided I would like bites of veggies in mine, so I only pureed the cauliflower for the creamy texture.

If you are a serious vegan, just substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.

I found that it needed salt to satisfy my taste buds, but season to please yourself.


Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment