Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm Not Impressed

So far I am unimpressed with the 17 day diet.  It has been 11 days and I have yet to lose any weight.  As a matter of fact, I think I have gained about a half a pound. 

I will admit that I have not followed exactly, but I haven't been far off either.  I have my 2 fruits and 2 probiotics daily and try to time them correctly.   For my meals I have protein and the veggies suggested.  I cook with olive oil and add a bit of mayo to my salads along with vinegar to make the mayo go farther.  I have been drinking 8+ glasses of water daily.  I have cut down my diet soda consumption to 12 oz. daily.  I am drinking a lot of green tea and occasionally a cup of black coffee.  I exercise 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.

For 3 days each week my schedule turns upside down and I am eating during the night instead of the day.  I do take Melatonin to help me sleep, as sleep is always a problem with this crazy schedule.  Perhaps that is what is sabotaging my efforts. 

Anyone out there have any suggestions?  If I don't see some results in this first cycle, I am going to forget about this diet.  However, I am still holding out hope that I will wake up one morning (or afternoon) soon and find myself several pounds lighter.

Sad thing is I bought the book and the workbook.  Hope I didn't get ripped off.  I really was hoping that this was not just another fad diet.  The eating plan is so close to the Body for Life plan that I was sure it would work.  And yet, my blood sugars are fantastic.  As a matter of fact, I find myself having symptoms of hypoglycemia at times and have to eat something.  That's a switch.

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment