Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Never, Never Give Up!

Well, in my last post I promised to keep all of you, my wonderful followers, up to date on how my goals for 2012 are going, especially on the fitness front.  I am happy to say that I have made some progress in that area.  I am disappointed to say that the progress is not yet evident in the weight loss arena.  My scales showed a 3/10 of a pound weight loss for the first week of 2012.  I was on the treadmill 6 days out of 7 for 30 minutes each time and at a 3 to 3.5 mph pace.  I did 40 minutes of weight training 3 of those days as well.  I stayed on my low carb eating plan faithfully.  It is a bit disheartening, but I have to remember that I am a 60+ grandma and my metabolism is not that of a 20 or 30 year old.


However, I have noticed some other benefits that make it so worth keeping on.  I feel much more energetic.  I am regaining strength and endurance.  I have not had a lot of food cravings.  Basically, I am feeling more fit already even though the weight remains stubbornly attached.  It's enough to keep me going.  So my advice to any of you who are on the same track, don't give up!  I believe some tangible results are just around the corner.


BTW, if you would like to read a neat little blog with all kinds of great ideas, visit here.


     http://thehappyhomester.wordpress.com/

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment