Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day...And a Clean Oven

This may come as a surprise to those who know me, but this year I will start the new year with a clean oven.  No, I didn't get the oven cleaner and the rubber gloves out.  I just used hot soapy water and a steel wool pad.  But it's clean enough for me and that's all I care about.  I'm not necessarily a neat freak, but I do like things tidy and relatively free of disease causing organisms.  


That said, I want to address this thing of new years goals again.  I suppose I should get serious about it and make a few goals that are challenging and worthwhile.  Trouble is, I've done this every year and seem to make very little, if any, progress.  However, I am not one to just give up, so once again I will add fitness and diet to my list of things to improve on in 2012.


My daughter, Mac, is striving for 52 # in 52 weeks. 

 check out her blog here.....
http://thehappyhomester.wordpress.com

That sounds reasonable to me, so I am borrowing her plan for myself.  How to go about doing this is still a mystery to me, but I hope to figure it out as I go along.  I do already walk for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.  Most of the time I try to incorporate a slow jog of about 5 to 10 minutes into that time.  The eating plan is probably going to be my biggest challenge.  It's crazy,  but I eat about the same things as my DH, and am twice as active, but he doesn't gain and I do.  Totally not fair!  I'm convinced it has something to do with the kind of carbs I consume, although DH consumes all manner of concentrated carbs with no apparent ill effects.  But I think this is where I need to focus, so I'm off to research glycemic index. 


I won't be posting my weight, but I will post my weight loss and anything special that I think may be contributing to it.  


In the meantime, Happy New Year to you all!!!!  May it be filled with health and happiness.

Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment