Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Skillets and Back to Low Carb

We are the proud owners of 2 new skillets!  You know, sometimes it is just time to get rid of some of the old worn out stuff and replace it.  Today was that time for some very used skillets.  I'm not sure how much of the non-stick coating we ate, but enough of it was gone that the skillets were no longer non-stick.


I guess I'm just getting too old to put up with mediocre cooking utensils these days.  I want to enjoy cooking and I want the food to turn out right.  And I think these new T-fal skillets will do a great job. 


And the timing for these skillets is perfect.  Since I ended my relationship with the 17 day diet, I will be doing more frying and sauteing.  I am looking forward to that.


I was feeling a bit sad about having to give up yogurt again.  As far as I knew yogurt was not a low carb option.  But I just found out that I can make low carb yogurt!  I found the recipe on Hold The Toast and I can't wait to try it..  It is even  easier than the crock-pot recipe!  So, if you're a low carber, go on over to Dana Carpender's blog and find all kinds of great low carb recipes.


As far as my progress on the 'weightier' issues of my life, it's too soon to tell for sure, but it looks like the scales are showing some decline!  This is encouraging!  I am still getting on the treadmill almost daily and working out with weights one or two days a week.   I should probably concentrate more on the weight training, but with the way I work it's just too difficult.  But I am determined to stay with the treadmill as many days a week as possible.  Maybe I'll be able to do more of the weight training after retirement.  In the meantime, I'll just do what I can.  And I've noticed that even the little bit I do is making a difference.




Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment