Wednesday, September 7, 2016

So, just what is Amigurumi?

Wikipedia says amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small, usually cute stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures".  Yeah, I had to look up anthropomorphic and it means ascribing human traits and emotions to non-human things.  Think Lightning McQueen and Towmater.

Amigurumi are generally constructed using single crochet stitches and  basic shapes and connecting them together. Spheres, cones and tubes are pretty much the foundation of any amigurumi with a few variations here and there as needed, (or wanted).

While there are many incredibly awesome amigurumi patterns available, I try to keep my patterns simple and cute.  Most of my patterns can be completed within a few hours.  Who has time to spend days creating one little varmint anyway?

[caption id="attachment_62" align="aligncenter" width="300"]"Will you be my friend?" My Grandson, Paul, calls this varmint a "bumblebee bear'!  He may have something                                      there![/caption]

Blessings~

Reny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment