Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Playful Christmas Cards for a fun Greeting!

I'm feeling very excited this year as I design and make  playful Christmas cards for the people I love this year!  It all began as I made cards for a couple of my grandkids who do not live near us.  As I worked on these cards, I could just imagine the smiles and giggles.  Of course this thought just spurred me on and I continued this theme on nearly all the rest of my cards so far!

I can make some pretty hefty dimensional greeting cards, and I have learned form past experience that the post office likes to get more postage for heavy, thick cards.  So in the spirit of my playful attitude, I endeavored to make these cards adorable without too much bulk.

[caption id="attachment_955" align="aligncenter" width="225"]playful Christmas, Gorilla, Christmas, Card, greeting Playful Gorilla handmade Christmas card.[/caption]

I know gorilla's get a bad rap sometimes, but this one is just having some fun!  I think he will bring a smile to my grandson Paul's face, and that is my goal.

[caption id="attachment_954" align="aligncenter" width="225"]playful Christmas, cat, mischief, handmade, greeting card This cat is into some serious Christmas mischief. You can just tell by the look on his face.[/caption]

Keeping with the theme, I made this card for my grandson, Sam.  To add to the playful Christmas fun, I included a short true story about cats and Christmas trees from his Mama's childhood.  In case you don't already know, cats and trees can make for a very playful Christmas indeed!

I just can't tell you how much fun I am having making these cards!  If you've never tried making your own greeting cards, I highly recommend it.  And if you're like me, you'll be sitting at your craft table with a silly grin on your face as you look over all your playful Christmas designs!

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment