Thursday, July 13, 2017

The 'Star Stitch' How Pretty!!!!

I've been eyeing this stitch for some time now.  It looked kind of complicated and I just wasn't ready to try it until now.  But this week I've done 2 projects using this very pretty and elegant looking stitch.

I've been in need of a new coin purse for a while now and just haven't found any I cared to purchase, so I decided this week to just make one.

This is the front with a cell phone pocket that I added later.  The star stitch isn't very prominent here.
This is the back side and you can see the star stitch easily here.   This is the first coin purse I've ever made, and it's not perfect, but since I was in a hurry I was aiming more for the functionality than aesthetics.  And it is very functional!  Soft and lightweight, it feels good in my hand.


My second project was this wash/dish cloth.  Once again, pretty and functional!


I may make several of these just because I can.  I'm thinking of a couple of variations using this stitch, so who knows what I may come up with.  Check back later to see.  But for now, I think this stitch is a winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment