Saturday, December 31, 2011

T-SHIRT YARN

I have to say that making t-shirt yarn is fun.  I love the idea of taking something that appears worn out and useless and turning it into something useful and completely different than the original.  However, t-shirt yarn is not the best choice for the dishcloths I was hoping to make from it.  It is at least as thick as rug yarn if not thicker.  While it is not difficult to crochet with, it is more suitable for a project that loves bulk.  I'm thinking rugs, totes, coasters, baskets, maybe placemats.  Things like that will be fantastic with t-shirt yarn.  But I like my dishcloths to be easy to handle and not so bulky.  Terry cloth is my idea of an ideal weight for washing dishes with.  Maybe that's just because it's what I'm accustomed to using.  But I think I will just stick with it.

So, I will be shopping for my dark colored kitchen textiles in the next few weeks.  And as for the old t-shirts begging for new life, I will continue to search the web for fabulous ideas for projects.  With so much creativity floating around the web, I'm sure there will be a plethora of projects to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment