Saturday, June 30, 2018

Christmas Crochet-a-long .....A New Ornament Each Week Until Christmas!!!



While this might not be a traditional crochet-a-long,  I believe it will be fun!   I am expecting some company this Christmas and that will include several grandchildren that I don't see that often.  So,
my goal is to decorate my 4 ft. tree with all handmade crocheted ornaments.  I want to make these ornaments unique and special to my little guests, so the ornaments may not follow traditional Christmas guidelines.

Each child,  (and perhaps grown-ups too) will be allowed to choose an ornament from the tree to take home with them as a keepsake or simply as a new toy to play with.

I invite you to join me in this endeavor and make some awesome ornaments for your little ones as well!

Each week I will post a pic of an ornament I will be working on and a link to the crochet pattern.   If it is an original pattern that I designed, I will post the pattern directly on this blog. 


       


This is the item I've chosen for week 1.   Is this not just the most adorable little thing???  I knew the minute I saw it that I had to make an ornament out of it.     This is a paid pattern and you can find it here. 

        https://www.etsy.com/listing/80658364/sleeping-apple-worm-amigurumi-pdf?ref=shop_home_feat_1

If you prefer to make something else instead, feel free.  We all have different tastes and ideas and they are all good!  I would love to see pics of your completed projects in the comments.  Or just say 'Hi' and let me know your on board.

Blessings!
Reny


No comments:

Post a Comment