Sunday, July 29, 2018

Mini Big Head Doll Christmas Ornament Crochet-a-long Week 5

I've made several Big Head Dolls.   They are adorable and a delight to make.   So when I found this free pattern for a Mini Big Head Doll I thought it would be ideal as an ornament for my Whimsy Christmas Tree.





          https://ayarnfulday.blogspot.com/2016/07/mini-big-head-baby-doll-materials-light.html



My first attempt just didn't turn out to suit me.......


   I did take a few liberties with this one with the smile and nose, etc.     I decided the colors were too bland and the cheek color was too bronze.  As you  can see in the original pic, there are only eyes for the face, but I do love to experiment, sometimes too much.















The little guy to the right is my second attempt and he turned out much better.
I did add a couple of rows of single crochet to this one.  One extra row to each leg,   each arm and to the torso or body.  I also added a few extra rows to the hat so I could roll it up into a sort of cuff.  I also couldn't resist adding a bit of cheek color as I am trying to get better at using color to enhance some of my amigurumi.  The original pattern does not call for a pon-pom on the hat, but I just think it looks cute.



I give this pattern 2 thumbs up.  One because it's free and the 2nd because it's easy.   Thanks to 'A Yarnful Day'  for this sweet pattern!

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment