Saturday, July 21, 2018

Roll-Up Armadillo Week 4 Christmas Ornament Crochet-a-long



When I saw this adorable armadillo pattern, I just knew I had to include him on my Christmas Whimsy Tree this year.   You can find the free pattern by clicking on the link below.

                             https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roll-up-armadillo

                                           roll up armadillo amigurumi pattern by Kati Galusz (crocheted and photo by Amy Chou) Free Ravelry Download Pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roll-up-armadillo

 This pattern is made in 2 separate pieces, the armadillo himself and the shell which is attached separately.   Crocheting the pieces was fairly simple, but I ran into some difficulty in getting the shell the appropriate size to roll this little fella into a ball.



 After redoing the shell a couple of times I decided to just settle for one that is a bit too large.  It will, however, roll up nicely

For anyone choosing to make this project, I would suggest doing 1 less row on the shell than the pattern calls for.


Doesn't he look cozy in his little oversized shell?    I love that you can make him in a variety of colors.   I think the kids will like him!

Let me know what you think in the comments.  I would love to know your opinion!

Blessings!
Reny

1 comment:

  1. Just about the cutest crocheted animal I have ever seen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete