Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Joy of Creating!!!

There are so many excellent crochet pattern designers out there, and I love that!  Since I started designing some of my own, I have come to appreciate the time and work that goes into creating even a simple little pattern!  So why do I bother designing my own when there are so many great patterns out there already?

Well, I guess you could say I love a challenge.  Not only do I love being challenged by someone else's awesome pattern, I love the challenge of trying to create something from 'scratch' myself.

It all starts with an idea or a picture in my mind and it grows from there.  To watch all the details of the design fall into place as I go is so satisfying!

So, I'll be completely honest with you here... I have designed quite a few things that I'm not very proud of, and some that I thought were pretty awesome at first, but am now reworking and improving.   But to create from start to finish makes me happy!

Sometimes my designs come from a request from someone. (usually my daughter) who just likes to see if I can do it!  She also knows that I'm happiest when I have something to challenge me.  But the Secret Garden Kimono is definitely my favorite so far of everything I have designed myself!  My daughter sent me a pic of a kimono that she loved,  but there was no pattern.  I was so pleased to be able to come up with something she loved in a boho style that perfectly fit the bill of what she was looking for!
All Season Crochet Kimono Pattern summer kimono  custom image 0

I should mention here that I usually don't make garments.  My passion is amigurumi!  So the kimono design was definitely 'out of the box' for me.  Almost every stitch was accompanied with a secret little smile as I imagined how cute this would be on her!  Each stitch also carried a secret hope that this would be a design that she would love!

I don't even remember how many hours I spent on this, but I do remember the satisfaction I got from making it.

All Season Crochet Kimono Pattern summer kimono  custom image 9


And, as you can see, my beautiful daughter is the perfect model for this all season kimono!

If you crochet, I would encourage you to step out of your comfort zone too!  Explore the fun of designing your own.  Even the frogging brings a feeling of satisfaction while you strive for just he right design!

Till next time, be blessed friends!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment