Monday, April 15, 2024

The Marbled Moo



Who doesn't love a cute cow? And this one is definitely cute! 

Meet the Marbled Moo, the cuddliest crocheted cow ever.  This plush bovine friend was handcrafted of soft velvet yarn with chenille yarn accents.

For this cow I selected a cream colored velvet yarn with a darker cream marbling throughout.  The black spots are crocheted into the design rather than making separate spots to stitch on.  This creates a cow hide that more closely resembles the natural beauty of a real cow's coat.

I used my preferred method for making the eyes, shank buttons connected on the inside of the head with several strands of strong cord and securely stitched together and also to the inside of the head.  I then further reinforced the eyes with strong glue to the outside of the head to protect against them wiggling loose.  

The open mouth was a fun addition and I may use this technique more often on other amigurumi creations.

This cow is a bit of a hefty heifer standing about a foot tall from hoof to ear tips  and 10 inches long and boasting a chubby 6 inch width.

All in all I'm rather pleased with the way she turned out.    While there are a lot of cow patterns to be found, I wanted a cow that was standing on four legs.  This Pattern fit the bill perfectly.


Next project?  How about an opossum?  

Thanks for visiting my blog!  

My Shop

Blessings!

Reny


No comments:

Post a Comment