Sunday, July 1, 2018

Christmas Crochet-a-long Sleeping Apple Worm pattern update

I know this post is right on the heels of my previous post, but after purchasing this pattern and reading it I realized that the materials are different than what we in the US normally think of.  The worsted weight yarn in this pattern appears to be more the diameter of what I commonly call 'crochet thread'.  The hook sizes recommended are more in line with thread as well.

However, part of my goal in this crochet-a-long is to use up some of my yarn stash.  So, to do this project and still come out with an ornament sized apple and worm I needed to make a few adjustments or go buy crochet thread in several different colors.

I happen to have on hand some beautiful Cleo cotton yarn, (which is about a sport weight yarn) in an array of vibrant, bright colors that would be perfect for this project, except it is too heavy for the hook sizes and would make an enormous finished project if I used an appropriate hook for the Cleo yarn.

But, where there is a will, there is a way!  By separating the plies of the Cleo yarn I get strands that are about the equivalent of what I need for this project!  This will add some extra time to the making of it, but will save me a considerable amount of cash while I am still decreasing my stash!  For me, that's a 'win, win.'

Hope this helps someone out there with a similar dilemma.
Blessings!
Reny

1 comment:

  1. Hi, do you still have this pattern available? I can’t see where to access it? Cheers Boni

    ReplyDelete