Saturday, August 11, 2018

Week 7 Airplane Amigurumi Christmas Ornament Crochet-a-long



     While an airplane in and of itself is not necessarily whimsical,  one with big blue eyes and a sweet smile can definitely qualify.  

     I searched Pinterest for days to find a pattern that I liked.  This one came the closest to what I had in mind and was free!  Thank you Red Heart Yarn!  You can find the free pattern here.


 http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/happy-little-car-plane-truck


 

   As a bonus, I also got the car and truck patterns which are included in this pattern set.  I am filing those away for another time.

   


   This pattern is easy to follow and uses basic crochet techniques.  I was able to complete this little airplane in just a few hours.  I used a 2.25mm hook and sport 

weight yarn.  I wanted him to be small 
enough to make a nice ornament.  He ended up measuring about 5 inches from nose to tail, just the right size!

     I think he will look real sweet flying through the boughs of our Christmas tree this year!  I wonder which of my adorable grand-kids will spy him first!


     The color combinations and facial expressions for this little plane are endless!   I would love to see some of your variations on this project.  Just post your pics in the comments!  

Have fun and be blessed!

Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment