Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Personalized Crochet Baby Book Keepsake


It has been my goal this Christmas to make something for each grandchild and great-grandchild.   That's what grannies do, right? 

Well, this little crochet baby book is the last item to be completed.  Whew!  This one was a challenge for me, not because of the difficulty of the stitch or assembly, but because of all the different colors and multiple strands of yarn that had to be managed while crocheting the pictures into the pages.

I've seen some some very elaborate graphgans on Pinterest, and I marvel at the patience of these yarn artists.  Oh my goodness!  How do they do that!?  If you haven't looked at some of these, you should go to Pinterest (as soon as you finish reading my blog) and search 'graphgans'.  You will be amazed!

Not only that, many of those patterns are free.  And in addition to that....there are websites that will help you create your own patterns!

So, if you have the time and patience to do it, you can create some awesome keepsakes for those special people in your life.

But I digress.  Here is my feeble attempt at this crochet art form, which I hope to improve in as I do more of it.



Bentley is our 10th. grandchild, and such a cutie!
What a wonderful gift of love he is to us!




We are so blessed with children,  grandchildren, and 
great-grandchildren!






It's a happy riot in our little house when
    they all come home, but what a 
        wonderful time!!!





   I hope your holidays will be filled with as much love, fun and laughter as ours will be!  It truly is all about relationships!


Blessings!
Reny

                                                                                      




     














No comments:

Post a Comment