Saturday, January 12, 2019

A New Year, A New Season...Time to Reflect, Time to Plan



     January is always a special time.  It's the time of year that I look back on the previous year, and look ahead to what I hope the new year will look like.  This practice started years ago when a dear friend and I would just spend a day together and journal our years accomplishments and make a list of goals for the coming year.

     While I don't necessarily journal these things any more,  I still take time to reflect and think about how I want my new year to be.

     This past year I spent hours in my recliner with yarn and hook close at  hand.  I made so many different things!   My work is scattered all over the US with family members, friends and even a few customers.  I have enjoyed every project!  I have learned a lot and improved my stitching skills.  I have designed a few simple patterns.    I have learned more computer skills related to my blog and social media.  It has been a great and productive year for me.  I leave 2018 behind with a satisfied smile.  Now on to 2019!





     I'm not totally settled yet with what I hope to see happen in my little world this year, but I do have a few things in mind.  I hope to continue on my quest to feel as healthy and energetic as possible.  I want to dive deep into my relationship with Jesus.  I hope to make a few changes in our home decor and spend a good amount of time working in the yard when spring arrives.  I am looking forward to spending more time with those I love, both family and friends.



(These pics are just a few of the children that filled our home this Christmas!  What a delight!)







    As far as crocheting goes, I am thinking that I will concentrate more this year on things to wear.  I am currently working on a C2C (corner to corner) kimono that I think is going to be a very pretty wardrobe accessory.  I have made vests, shawls and kimonos before, but they were  rare projects.  But this year I hope to do several items of that sort.  Of course, I will always find time to whip up an amigurumi here and there.



  I have a scrap yarn blanket in the closet that I may pull out this year.   I have been working on it for a couple of years now.  I think it may be time to finish it.  It promises to be a warm, heavy blanket.

      So, welcome 2019!  My word for this year is 'Embrace' and I embrace this new year.



Blessings!
Reny


 Rev. 12:5  "Behold, I make all things new."  (I love this passage of scripture.  It holds so much promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment