Thursday, January 31, 2019

Make a Seasonal Wreath , One Wreath, Many Seasons, Unique Holiday Wreath

We seem to live in a society that loves holidays or any reason to celebrate!  We decorate our homes with seasonal or holiday themes.  Our stores are filled with seasonal and holiday items to tempt us;
But as crafty people, we can nearly always come up with unique decorations that not only look good, but cost us much less that what we would pay if we bought it at the store.


Several years ago I made this Door Wreath inspired by Attic 24.  ( If you haven't visited her blog, hop on over there and take a look!  It's awesome.)   She caught my interest with her  use of vibrant colors.

No photo description available.
I still love a pretty wreath on my door, but I don't want to make a new one for each occasion.  We just don't have that much storage space in our little home.  So I have been contemplating how to have my wreath and decorate it too.  So I came up with a very do-able idea!  This is  so simple!   Why have I not thought of this before?


The first ingenious idea (not my own) that I found  is to use a pool noodle to make the wreath form.  We all know that pool noodles are the magical component of a host of DIY projects.  To make a wreath from one is a no-brainer!  Simply cut the noodle to the length you desire and duct tape the ends together.  You could put a wire in the center to to help the noodle keep it's shape, but I haven't found this necessary


The next step is to crochet  (or knit) a cover for your wreath.  I would suggest a neutral color that will make a good background for any special occasion.  (As you can see, mine is white.)   Use whatever pattern you like and just make a flat piece long enough and wide enough to cover your noodle wreath snuggly..  Wrap it around the noodle and stitch it together lengthwise.  Then stitch the ends together.  You now have the base for your wreath.

So what is the secret that will make your wreath the most versatile holiday decoration in your home???

Check back for my next post and I'll tell you.  In future posts I will be featuring some easy crochet ideas to decorate your wreath, so  you might want to sign up for my email notifications so as not to miss out.

I'm so excited about this wreath  idea  and I think you will be too!

Blessings!
Reny






                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment