Sunday, March 8, 2020

Hi, my name is Reny and I am.......

...a yarnaholic.  There!  I've said it.  

I don't know when or exactly how it happened.  It started with a few harmless skeins.  Just trying to cope with some difficult situations.  You all know the scenario.  A few relationship hurdles, a house that keeps getting dirty,  those dirty dishes that just seem to multiply, a comfy recliner that holds you hostage.  Just normal everyday things that can combine and haunt you into an addiction unawares, and before long, it's too late to turn back!



I never intended for it to go this far.  But the more I indulged, the more I needed it.  A cute little animal here, a snappy bag there, and suddenly I found myself surrounded by handmade yarny items that seemed to just sit around and chant, "More, more!"



My spare room is filled with totes of yarn.  Beautiful skeins of colors and textures that I just couldn't resist, with the thought of what they could become someday!




 Amigurumi are every where!  They line the back of my sofa and sit on my shelves.   And still, I must make more!




Even my treadmill has a stash of yarn and a hook to keep me occupied while I walk!




Is there any hope?  Can I kick this  all consuming habit?  I don't know.  But now that my dreadful addiction is out in the open, perhaps I can at least live with it with just a little less guilt.

I feel better already!  Just confessing to it takes a weight off my shoulders!  I think I can cope better now!

So where did I put that hook and yarn?  I think it's time to create a new design!

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment