Sunday, November 18, 2018

Creeper meets Captain America! This weeks projects.

If you have children in grade school, then you have likely heard of Minecraft.  And if you have heard of Minecraft then you surely have heard of Creeper.  Now I seriously have no idea what part Creeper plays in the Minecraft scenario, but I know that my grandson loves him.  (Or is it a her?)  So, of course, I did what any good crocheting grandma would do.  I made him one!




I used the pattern from this site and it worked up nicely.    I decided to reinforce the 'square' shape by putting plastic canvas on the inside and stuffing inside the canvas armature.  I think this helped to  define the shape a bit.  I also tweaked the feet as my first attempt at them produced huge feet that looked all out of proportion to the rest of the creeper to me.   I cut the face out of felt and hot glued it on, but it could have easily been crocheted and stitched on instead.



At any rate, I'll bet it gets a smile,  along with the Creeper beanie I made for him.




My second project to finish this past week is this Captain America Earflap beanie.    Quentin, our good friends' grandson, is an occasional visitor to our home and is always fascinated by  the Yarn Varmints scattered all around.  He also loves super hero's, so this  beanie is for him.





I started out with a pic from Pinterest and  my favorite earflap beanie pattern.    I was pretty much able to  wing the emblem, but I didn't try to 'wing' the wings.  I found  the wing pattern here.  It was a little fussy but  I got it done.  The finished beanie turned out pretty good.  I hope Quentin will be pleased.







Next on my hook?  A custom order for a friend and a fun Mystery Crochet-a-long from A Crochet Simplicity,  an awesome website and Facebook community.  Check it out!

Thanksgiving is this this week, so I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving day!  As I reflect on all the things I am thankful for, my heart overflows!  I hope you are having the same experience!

Blessings!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment