Saturday, November 24, 2018

Crochet Buffalo Plaid....

Ok guys,  my daughter says that buffalo plaid is the hottest trend for this holiday season.  While I'm not that much into keeping up with trends, I do love a challenge.  So I made a web search of crochet buffalo plaid and found this awesome site with lots of videos and tutorials about how to do the buffalo plaid stitch!  Whistle and Ivy give great instructions and have a host of patterns, both paid and free.

This beanie and baby earflap hat are my first projects with Buffalo Plaid.


Obviously there are many sites out there that are showing how to do this stitch.  If you search Pinterest for it you will find buffalo plaid hats, scarves, throws, slippers and even tree ornaments.

The stitch is really easy to do as it uses common crochet stitches and color changes.  The biggest challenge is to keep your yarn from getting tangled.  But the blog I went to for learning this stitch even gave tips on how to keep those tangles to a minimum!

So far I have made 2 items with buffalo plaid.  But I'm thinking of more.  I'm also thinking of experimenting with different colors.





   I love the way this beanie turned out!







I have to say that it takes me a little longer to do this stitch because of the frequent color changes.  But I do love the look of my finished hats!

This is Boris.  He models my little baby hats and
my doggie hats.   Can't wait to see my baby Bentley
in this  earflap beanie.


I hope this post inspires you to give this a try.  It's the perfect pattern to crochet something for the guys on your Christmas list.  And it looks great on the gals too!

Happy Crocheting!
Reny

No comments:

Post a Comment